What is IELTS?
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the world’s most popular high-stakes English language proficiency test for study, work and migration, with more than three million tests taken in the past year. The IELTS results are recognised by more than 10,000 organisations, including educational institutions, employers, professional associations and governments, in 140 countries around the world.
You can choose to take your IELTS test either on paper or computer, depending on your convenience. There is no difference in the content, format or level of difficulty between the two options. Remember, you will have to carefully choose which module you wish to take – IELTS Academic or IELTS General Training, depending on the purpose of your taking the test. However, to study in the UK, you’ll have to take the IELTS test approved for UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI).
IELTS test format
IELTS is a test of all four language skills: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. You will take the Listening, Reading and Writing tests all on the same day one after the other, with no breaks in between. For the Speaking test, you can book a slot online on your preferred date and time. If you fail to choose a slot within the stated time period, a time slot will be automatically allocated to you. The total test time is under three hours.
|IELTS Listening test (30 minutes)||You will have to listen to four recordings and then answer the questions asked. The recordings are of native English speakers and the duration of the test is 30 minutes.|
|IELTS Reading test
|The IELTS Reading test requires you to answer 40 questions and is designed to test you on an array of reading skills. You would have to read for gist, main ideas, details, logical arguments, skimming, and figuring out the writers’ attitudes, opinions and intentions.|
|IELTS Writing test (60 minutes)||The IELTS writing test requires you to complete two tasks and covers topics of general interest based on the module you are taking.|
|IELTS Speaking Test (12-15 minutes)||The IELTS Speaking test assesses your spoken English skills. The test is recorded and conducted in three parts.|
Why choose IELTS?
It is the test for study − thousands of the world’s most reputable universities and colleges will accept your IELTS results as evidence of your English language proficiency.
It is the test for professionals − professional registration bodies in many fields will accept an IELTS result, including accounting, engineering, law, medicine, nursing, pharmacy and teaching bodies in many countries. This means that after completing your studies, you may need to take the test in order to gain professional registration in an English-speaking country.
It is the test for migration – IELTS scores are required by governments in more countries than any other English language test as a requirement for permanent residency. Unlike other providers, the IELTS General Training test is the only non-academic test available for migration to Australia, New Zealand, Canada, The United Kingdom and The USA.
- Smaller batches ensure personal guidance, where we provide intensive and focused classroom teaching.
- British Council and IDP trained Tutor with 5+ years experience so that you learn from the best.
- 95% of our students get their desired score with many achieving 7.5+ Bands.
- Access to 150+ Tutorials so that you can prepare from anywhere you want.
- Each module of the class schedule will cover all the sections of the IELTS – Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking.
- Classes are held six days a week with the provision of maximum flexibility in the schedule.
- Personal attention is given to each student in accordance to their problem areas in different modules.
- Daily speaking practice using previous IELTS test questions covering all sections.
- Comprehensive study material, including sample papers of the previous IELTS tests.
- Our faculty believes not only in tutoring, but also mentoring and guiding students to excel in the IELTS.
- Weekly simulated tests are provided to offer our students the real experience of an IELTS examination.
- Comprehensive on-site library for language building is accessible.
- Regular Confidence class so that you build real confidence & self esteem, becoming rejection-proof & anxiety free therefore mastering your psychological & social Inhibitions
- Our trainers build a complete learning environment for the students, which prepare them well and gives them the confidence they need.
Request a callback
Fill out your information and we will call you in less than 24 hours.