What is PTE?
The Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) is the world’s leading computer-based English language test trusted by universities, colleges and governments around the world. It offers candidates the fastest, fairest and most flexible way of proving their English language proficiency for study/work abroad or immigration purposes.
PTE test format
The PTE test is made of the following components:
- Question: Time to Reading the Text Prompt: The time duration of each prompt you get varies depending upon the length of the text. The length is measurable in words or sentences. You need to be active in this part.
- Prepare for Answer: Time granted to Relax and Think: You do not have to immediately answer the question. On average, you get 10 to 15 seconds to prepare for each segment. You should relax and think for a while on how to answer.
- Answer: Time for Action: This is the total time duration where you have to perform. The answers are recorded when you speak, saved as text when you write, and selected in options multiple-choice questions.
Refer to the segment-wise description boxes given along with each section explaining the PTE Exam Pattern 2021 in detail:
Speaking and Writing — 77 to 93 minutes
As the name implies, this section tests the candidate’s on the basis of their 2 major skills of communication, which are spoken and written skills. This section comprises of six small sections that test you on your promptness over speaking and writing the written test that you would get to read for the first time ever. The complete section is given time duration of 77 to 93 minutes and the time allotted to each segment is as follows:
|Segments Pattern||Time Duration|
|Personal Introduction||55 seconds: 25 seconds for prompt, 30 seconds to record|
|Read Aloud||30-40 seconds to prepare for reading out the text of 60 words|
|Repeat Sentence||15 seconds: 3-9 seconds for prompt, 15 seconds to record|
|Describe Image||25 seconds are granted to study the image as well as prepare your response on the same|
|Re-Tell Lecture||90 seconds for prompt length, 10 seconds to prepare and 40 seconds to answer|
|Answer Short Question||20 seconds: 3-9 seconds for prompt, 10 seconds to answer|
|Summarize Written Text||10 minutes to answer to text prompt of 300 words|
|Essay||20 minutes to answer to text prompt of 2-3 sentences|
Reading — 32 to 41 minutes
This section tests the candidates on the basis of their ability to understand the written instructions in the language. The section further divided into 5 segments is 32 to 41 minutes long. Check out the segment-wise pattern for time distribution of this section:
|Segments Pattern||Time Duration varies on the length of the Text Prompt|
|Multiple Choice, Choose Single Answer||Read 300 words of text|
|Multiple Choice, Choose Multiple Answers||Read 300 words of text|
|Re-Order Paragraphs||Read 150 words of text|
|Reading: Fill in the Blanks||Read 80 words of text|
|Reading and Writing: Fill in the Blanks||Read 300 words of text|
Listening — 45 to 57 minutes
The listening section of the PTE Academic is stretched over 45 to 57 minutes of duration. This one is designed to determine the ability to understand spoken English by the candidate. Here, the student needs to ascertain that they carefully hear the audio file played and retain what they heard. This section is divided into 8 segments and the time give to each segment is as follows.
|Segments Pattern||Time Duration|
|Summarize Spoken Text||60-90 seconds to retain 50-70 words, 10 minutes to write|
|Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer||40-90 seconds for prompt|
|Fill in the Blanks||30-60 seconds|
|Highlight Correct Summary||30-90 seconds|
|Multiple Choice, Single Answer||30-60 seconds|
|Select Missing Word||20-70 seconds|
|Highlight Incorrect Words||15-50 seconds|
|Write From Dictation||3-5 seconds|
Why choose PTE?
PTE Academic was created to provide Institutions with a higher level of certainty around an applicant’s English skills.
Launched in 2009, PTE Academic utilizes artificial intelligence to assess all candidates’ English skills against a sample of thousands of responses, all through the use of a computer based algorithm.
PTE Academic is trusted by thousands of academic programs around the world. Learn why PTE Academic is being accepted by governments and institutions across the globe.
- Smaller batches ensure personal guidance, where we provide intensive and focused classroom teaching.
- 95% of our students get their desired score.
- Access to 150+ Tutorials so that you can prepare from anywhere you want.
- Each module of the class schedule will cover all the sections of the PTE – Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking.
- Classes are held six days a week with the provision of maximum flexibility in the schedule.
- Personal attention is given to each student in accordance to their problem areas in different modules.
- Daily speaking practice using previous PTE test questions covering all sections.
- Comprehensive study material, including sample papers of the previous PTE tests.
- Our faculty believes not only in tutoring, but also mentoring and guiding students to excel in the PTE.
- Weekly simulated tests are provided to offer our students the real experience of an PTE examination.
- Comprehensive on-site library for language building is accessible.
- Regular Confidence class so that you build real confidence & self esteem, becoming rejection-proof & anxiety free therefore mastering your psychological & social Inhibitions
- Our trainers build a complete learning environment for the students, which prepare them well and gives them the confidence they need.